Affiliate marketing is a highly popular emergent marketing practice in which a business model rewards an affiliate marketer for each customer brought about by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts. More popular examples include rewards sites, where users are rewarded with cash or gifts, for the completion of an offer, and the referral of others to the site. The industry has four core players: the merchant (who is sometimes also known as ‘retailer’), the network (Affiliate marketers create this network), the publisher (also known as ‘the affiliate’), and the customer or consumer. The value creation is through a network where all the marketers benefits not only from his direct sales but also the sales of those affiliate marketers who joined the program under him.
Online or Internet based affiliate marketing overlaps with other Internet marketing methods to some degree, because most affiliates use regular advertising business models like CPM, CPC, CPI techniques. The techniques to gain the attention of the customer include organic search engine optimization, paid search engine marketing, e-mail marketing, and in some sense display advertising. On the other hand, internet affiliate marketers sometimes use less orthodox techniques, such as publishing reviews of products or services offered by a partner.
Some of the more popular affiliate marketing plans which an online marketer can look towards are as follows:
- Amazon.com offers the best kind of referral if you have a great online presence. You can potentially sell thousands of items and also selective items which suit the theme of your website and make 4% to 15% of the sales of books, electronic gadgets and what not.
- BBL Marketing media is another promising affiliate marketing platform which market online classified ads and take a percentage of the potential sales.
- Share sale is another top affiliate marketing opportunity if you like promoting technology based services.
- There are multiple software firms which offer a percentage cut if you can sell their product through affiliate marketing, especially which create social media software, like Twitter/Facbook marketing software like TweetAdder or FriendAdder.
- Many online services like website hosting services from GoDaddy are also a good opportunity for affiliate marketers. If you refer anyone to use these services, you will generate a decent cut of the sales.
- Last but not the least, there is the huge chain of affiliate marketing banking on Pay-per-Click and Pay-per-View on the posting of advertisements by the affiliate marketer. The most popular amongst them is MyLikes and SponsoredTweets . In these programs you can make easy money by tweeting to our followers. Similar opportunities are also available if you post advertisements in your Facebook profiles.
- There are multiple opportunities to create sponsored posts in blogs and earn through that. One of the most popular website to do that is Pay-per-Post.
Hope these inputs helped you to kick-start your career as an affiliate marketer. Do let us know if you know of any more highly popular affiliate marketing programs.