Summer is already here and it’s going to pass soon enough. Landlords often have a busy time during fall. It’s also a great time for the property market, so here are some useful tips for buying investment property.
Are you maintaining a good work life balance? Most kids of working professionals have a degree of insecurity, despite the time you may think you are carving out for them. Do remember, work life balance not only keeps the harmony in your home but also improves the longevity of hard working professionals.
What do you prefer to do as a professional? What are your priorities in your life?
Some of our colleagues always seem busy loitering around the coffee vending machine. Despite their apparently not working as hard as some of the others, they always seem to do just great. What can be their secret success story?
The road to success is not an easy one to travel. To achieve it, some professionals work hard, others work smart. Which one would you prefer?
Do you have a super talker in your office? What do you call him? How do you handle his incessant ranting about things that bother you the least? Some people simply would not talk.
So what would you do if your firm is facing problems from lowered revenue generation due to a dip in market conditions? If your boss breathing fire over your back, especially if you are in the sales division? Possibly although you are doing your best, still the sales of the company is dipping. Even if the general conditions of the market is bad, there is so little you can do.
The question “Why a MBA” is one that haunts both MBA aspirants and recruiters. Today slowly MBA is becoming a fad which often delivers much less substance to the business and is mostly about the way the little that is delivered is packaged. The problem is that this issue is also getting recognized by aspiring students and recruiters alike. And a bigger problem is all aspirants face this daunting question during the selection interviews.
So why do so many people start running after the craze despite its apparent limitations unless its from a highly recognizes institute like the IIMs, XLRI, FMS, MDI and the likes?
There are many perceived benefits of a MBA program from the viewpoint of the aspirants.
- Switching career to some other Industry or function within the same firm.
- Starting ones own business venture.
- Progressing to a higher responsibility in the same industry or function.
- Joining a dream company (the hottest being banking, consulting and marketing roles amongst the top business schools)
- Faster growth within a stipulated time in the career track.
- Filthy Lucre (Dirty Money) and lots of it.
So what skills MBA aspirants already posses and what new skills are developed in the programme.
- Technical knowledge – Developed within the programme
- Analytical skills – Strengthened from a basic level
- Client skills – Developed a bit, further developed during post-MBA work.
- Leadership skills – Has to be present in the aspirant’s core.
- Business skills – Developed during the course work.
- Management skills – Refine, but has to be in the aspirant’s core.
- Communication skills – Must be present in the core, but presentation skills are improved.
- Relationship skills – Further refined.
- Problem/Contingency handling skills: Extensively developed in the programme.
- Smart thinking – Has to be present in the aspirant’s core.
So does this justify burning that hole in your pocket and getting burdened by that huge bank loan, unless you are actually doing it from a premier institute? Think before you take the leap and invest your future in less known business schools just for the heck of it.
Ever thought how your boss may react if you went upto him after your appraisal if you didn’t like it and reacted in this manner? Of course, your boss may not be pleasantly surprised, but I am sure he will get the message. Just hope you have contingency plans if you follow this for your job hunt.
Ever wondered what the banking manager may tell you when you apply for a loan? Don’t be surprised if you hear something like this from the bank manager when you meet him on your appointment.
Impression management is crucial in a job. While it is important that you put across your ideas, talking too much without proper substance is also not recommended. Check out what happens when you talk too much without delivering substance.
The content has been removed by the editor due to copyright violation by Anton.Denzongpa@pastos.com!
Remember: The product of quantity and quality is constant. The constant value depends on the individual.