If you are a small business owner, you will likely find yourself competing against large global brands – this can leave you feeling disenchanted, but this is where localized marketing plays a pivotal role. Continue reading “Localized Digital Marketing – The Do’s and Do Nots”
There is a bit more to setting up a website for your business than just getting it live and leaving it there. Establishing your website takes some work, and you want to make sure that you are creating a site that people will want to visit more than once. That means making sure it has everything they are looking for, and that you also ensure that you are updating often to keep them coming back for more.
So, what do you need in order to make a successful website? Well, there are a few things, some that are easier than others, and some that are cheaper than others. Continue reading “5 Tips For Establishing Your Website And Making It Successful”
You’ve come up with a great idea for an online store and have done hours of research about how to set things up. From naming your business to product pricing and choosing a hosting plan with an ecommerce website builder, there are so many details to consider in order to start your business off on the right foot. One thing you may not have thought about is the importance of search engine optimization, or SEO, in the success of your shop. Read on to learn more about search engine optimization and some SEO tips for your ecommerce site that you can use to bring more visitors to your online store. Continue reading “SEO Tips for Your Ecommerce Site”
The world is ever evolving and so too a the people in it. New generations continually do things different than the previous ones and the millennials are much different than any generation that has gone before. If you want to keep up with them you need to do things a little differently. Continue reading “Four Tips For Marketing Your Business To A Whole New World”
If you are in charge of finding the top SEO firm in Canada, do you know how to get started? There are quite a few options out there and without the right judgement and planning, you may find that the company you choose does not achieve the results you want. Some tips that will help you find the very best company for your needs is highlighted here. Continue reading “Tips for Finding High Quality SEO Services”
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO as the enlightened call it, is a technique to generate more traffic for a website. Many SEO tactics have been shown to work, but it can still seem like the process of unburying your website from page 10 of the search results takes forever. Clearly, some ideas work better than others. Continue reading “How to Better Employ Search Engine Optimization”
You promote your goods on Amazon or your shop is set up there, which instantly gives you access to the biggest online shopping demographic in the country. For years, search engine optimization (SEO) has been used interchangeably with “SEO for Google” since Google is the biggest search engine in the US. However, Amazon is quickly catching up and is clearly the biggest shopping search engine in the country (and in many parts of the world). Continue reading “5 Amazon SEO Tips for Retailers on the Biggest Platform”
As you begin to formulate your online business marketing campaign for 2015, there are a few trends that you should be aware of in order to boost sales and increase profits. Some of these include: Continue reading “The Top Online Marketing Themes That Will Boost Sales”
In the present world, digital marketing seems to have caught the attention of almost everyone from corporations to business entrepreneurs. There are several ways to promote your brand identity, products and services with the help of Internet. Many of them have the potential to give you instant results without spending your hard-earned money. Below, we discuss some digital marketing tips that you should be aware of. Continue reading “Some digital marketing tips for your online business”
Search engine optimization (SEO) is designed so that “searchers” (such as people who are Googling) get best matched with the relevant, highest quality sites out there. Every business and website owner is responsive for their own SEO. There are numerous ways to better your SEO, and with different search engine algorithms constantly changing, it’s important to keep up. Unfortunately, some industries struggle with SEO more than others. Continue reading “4 Reasons Law Firms Struggle with SEO”
Social media is an important part of a company’s marketing mix. Engaging with customers on a regular basis not only adds brand value, but it can also have direct impact on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Hiring an SEO agency is important, but when you select a company to handle your SEO activities, make sure that they are on top of social media promotions as well. These are an integral part of digital marketing strategy.
According to a study conducted by SEOMoz, any post on Twitter that gets re-tweeted three or more times gets indexed on Google Search 50% faster. So social media has a positive impact on SEO and hiring an SEO agency that can handle both SEO and SMO can be a great way to increase the ranking of your brand’s website. Continue reading “Social Media and Its Effect on SEO”
It’s a mobile ready world and a largely digital one, which means your brand (whether you’re a business owner or a freelancer) needs to have longer reaches. There’s certainly a place for hyper-local marketing and branding, but more and more professionals are seeing the appeal of catering to a more global market. If you think that will benefit you, it’s time to change your perspective and approaches. Continue reading “4 Ways to Brand Yourself to a Global Market”
It might seem like some businesses have all the luck: They “only” have a handful of products and services that are so different from one another, the content writer doesn’t have to be that creative to avoid duplicate content. In the world of search engine optimization (SEO), duplicate content is a black hat trick that can severely penalize a site even when it’s done unintentionally. Most writers have experienced a time when they were “caught” by Copyscape even though they weren’t plagiarizing. Some content simply demands to be so similar (such as like products or medical terminology) that it won’t pass Copyscape (or Google’s SEO algorithms). Continue reading “3 Ways to Write Similar Product Descriptions that are SEO Friendly”
Social media is huge, and it is absolutely here to stay. Something that used to be a bit of a niche has now expanded to the point that almost everyone uses it if they have Internet access. This has opened up a huge new market for advertising, but it is also important to think about the ways that you can use it for more indirect advertising in the real estate industry. This means going above and beyond just putting ads on social media sites and hoping for hits. Here are some ways that you can use social media effectively. Continue reading “Effectively Using Social Media in Real Estate”
Real estate is a highly profitable business, as long as you do it right. This means you must apply top-notch techniques to stay ahead of competition. It is for this reason that a strong online presence is vital for success in real estate. Here, we look at the benefits of online business in your real estate business. Continue reading “The World Wide Web and Your Real Estate Business”
E-commerce and real estate are two different worlds, but they are similar in many ways. Where websites are concerned, these worlds often intersect. The core factors that go into online stores also appear on national and local real estate websites. Here are seven examples. Continue reading “E-Commerce and Real Estate: 7 Core Factors That Intersect”
Most of the webmasters and digital marketing professionals struggle to understand the nuances of Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization, especially when it comes to understanding the theory with a deeper perspective than is presented in most blogs and online forums.One of the burning issues that has hit the Web-Masters is how to tackle the Google Panda, after it was released in late 2011. SEO tactics deployed by most web-masters have seemingly failed and many reliable and white hat sites are drastically getting downgraded ever since the Google Panda was introduced.
Google Panda was introduced to weed out “content farms” and low quality sites which strive to make a living by producing low quality content. New dimensions that has been added in Google Panda are that it analyzes websites based on an self-learning AI algorithm, which looks for similarities between websites people found to be high quality and low quality, based on surfing behavior. There is also a high probability that there is an increased usage of Image Analysis with Text Analysis to identify original content. There is also a higher importance to content recency based on content type. Also, which sites and which articles connect to you from which sites, matter a lot.
Google Panda has been criticized by renowned web-masters since many a time renowned websites had “scraped” content and yet the original lesser known site was penalized. Also, it appeared to impact an entire site’s ranking or specific section, rather than just the individual pages on a site. Also it adversely impacted sites where most of the traffic came from “ever popular” content but were of smaller scale (e.g. Websites with niche content, Personal blogs).
So what does that leave you? If you are a web-master, you are probably worrying how to ensure that all the effort you have put in to develop your website does not go down the drain.While age old SEO tactics like getting good quality back-links still do the trick, it is important to realize that there are some basic differences which needs to be addressed, if you want to ensure that your web-site is recognized by Google Panda as a high quality site.
So we have brought out few pointers on what not to do, if you are attempting to optimize your website based on the guide-lines from Google Panda.
- Never keep a high percentage of duplicate content. This might apply both to a page or a complete site. So content that you may have on headers or footers, if they are repeated across pages, should never increase more than 25% of the content across all the pages.High percentage of boilerplate content (similar static content) is a strict negative pointer from Google Panda.
- A low amount of original content on a page or site is always bad. It is a good practice to ensure when you make a post, you should have more that at least 300 words in every post. Semantic analysis is done by Search Engines nowdays, which can actually trace the quality of content that you may have posted in your article, which is new from your older articles or novel from other content in other web-sites.
- A high percentage of pages with a low amount of original content will drastically downgrade your SERP rank. So it is important to ensure, that you create a post only when you have substantial content to make a new post. The age old thought that you should post frequently irrespective of the post content is way dead. It has been attacked by Search Engines besides Google, to weed out content farms.
- A high amount of inappropriate adverts, especially in the beginning of the page, showcases the focus of the web-page is only revenue. Hence Panda will recognize that page and a site as being a Content Farm.
- If the page content and page title tags do not match for the search queries a page does well for, it will be taken as an attempt to play around with key-words. Text snippets will be analyzed through Symantec Analyzers to ensure there is high consistency between the meta tags and content.
- Unnatural language on a page including over-optimization of SEO will be harshly penalized. Google is increasingly becoming efficient to recognize Black Hat SEO tactics.
- High bounce rate from a particular web-page or web-site or even low visit time on pages or site, less than 30 seconds, will be recognized as a low content web-page or website. Also low percentage of users returning to a site, without search, will be an indicator that the site has low quality content where visitors do not return. These are strong indicators of the content quality and quantity in a website.
- Low click-through percentage from Google’s results pages (for page or site) as and when it appears in Google Search will ensure that the page ranks even lower for consecutive searches, for the search criteria.
- Low or no quality inbound links to a page or site (by count or percentage) is always bad. However, low quality backlinks is judged by the relevance of the web-page where it is linked to, by analyzing the text snippets of the mentioned paragraph. If a page is mentioned where it won’t have substantial semantic linkage to the content, it may get penalized.
- Low or no mentions or links to a page or site in social media and from other sites is also bad. It is of critical importance that new people share your content. Typically, most SEO professionals link up with a group to promote their content by exchanging votes/shares. Over time, the same group of professionals share the links and posts of a site get shared by the same group, and within the same group. The search engines today can track the sharing pattern through web-mining and this is a serious negative pointer for a web-sites. Sharing or mentions across pages or new profiles is the new mantra for success. Even if you hit Digg’s first page by exchanging votes, you are likely to be recognized by Google Panda as a Link Farm.
I hope you enjoyed going through these guidelines on how to protect your web-site from Google Panda downgrades. Do let me know if you have any queries. You could also check out few of the good service providers for web marketing. Also, check out the free ebook “Advanced Guide to Digital Marketing” for more details on digital marketing, the theories and advanced concepts.
This week we have a special gift for all our email subscribers. You have special access to the “Advanced Guide to Digital Marketing” for free. To download your free copy, subscribe via email. The footer section of the newsletter contains the download link for the guide, which will boost your understanding of digital marketing. It is short and crisp, and will help you to deliver. It is a 32 page document which will provide enormous insight on how to brand your offering, how to do market research and how to optimize your web-site using SEO tactics to ensure greater visibility on web. In fact the SEO section has been designed to ensure you have a deeper understanding on how to deliver greater value to your business.
Do contact me if you face any problems while downloading the free E-Book. I will mail it to you personally. Also, feel free to get back to me if you have any query after reading the same.
For all those who follow Google trends, this would barely come as a surprise. From a research done by a group in the United States, it has been disclosed that the following articles have been the source for the hottest search globally in 2010 and is also expected to reign till mid 2011 to a large extent. The group analyzed the searches done in Google, Yahoo, Bing, ASK and AOL Search. These collectively account for 99% of the total search engine usage and are ranked as the top search engines in order, as per usage.
What was actually less anticipated was the lower rankings of the FIFA world cup, as compared to few other unexpected rank holders.
And finally, without any more ado, we present you the top 10 searched topics in the internet in 2010.
2. Malema Julius
5. Nelson Mandela
6. World Cup
7. Cape Town
10. Kaizer Chiefs
This Article is authored by Jake Mazan, who is a guest author at Business Fundas. He is a Senior Research Analyst cum Manager at NG-Online News.
The cyber world has really come alive with the onslaught of WEB 2.0 technologies. Today, many start ups are being formed by students and entrepreneurs across the world. The web based firms with often no brick and mortar presence have been generating enviable returns, considering the low investments made on them. No wonder, students and young entrepreneurs have started viewing these businesses as endless oceans of opportunities. Continue reading “Growth Strategies of Web Based New Generation Firms”