A case study was conducted on Business Fundas, how the website uses different tools and strategies to improve its reach and serve different audience segments. In the domain of digital content publishing, Business Fundas maintains a niche in terms of providing a high variety of content and strategies for entrepreneurs and start-ups.
The current way of accepting merchant payments is comfortable. Little has changed over the past years, and because of this, new changes are scary. Threats of mass hackings can leave a merchant scared to change even the slightest thing about their merchant processing. Even though change is hard, you need to adapt to the newest forms of mobile payment systems. Continue reading “Embrace Payment System Changes”
Every mobile user knows the importance of their gadget. They have become the essential crutches to our fast paced, multitasking life. With all the functions and errands that it helps us accomplish, it has turned from a luxury to a necessity. Motorola recognizes this need of ours and has thus come up with many products in the category to satisfy our needs. The Moto X is one such mobile that has gained immense popularity among the masses. Continue reading “Moto X Price India – The Affordable Phone for Every User”
As a small business owner, you know that your business and client information is valuable to your company. What you might not realize is that your business information might be valuable to someone else. If your company doesn’t do a lot of business on the internet, you might also believe that your low internet profile will protect you from people trying to steal your information. Continue reading “Protecting Your Company Information at the Employee Level”
The still evolving ecommerce and mcommerce technology has given birth to mobile wallets. If you are hearing the word mobile wallet for the first time then these wallets are loaded with cash electronically from an ATM or a mobile retailer. These mobile wallets can be used by customers to shop online or for recharging services such as mobile, data cards and even DTH services. Mobile wallets ensure smooth and hassle free transfer or payment implying uninterrupted service. Continue reading “Increasing Preference for Mobile Wallets – secure and reliable”
The battle between Android phones and iOS phones will probably never cease. Some people simply prefer one over the other and that is ok, too. After all, the world would be boring without some basic diversity and choice options. So, if we assume for a minute that you are on the side of the Androids, where can you go to buy unlocked Android phones? There are actually a number of possibilities out there and finding the right one for you really depends on your own needs and desires. Let’s take a look at some of the options.
Using Online Bidding Sites
Your first option is to use an online bidding site to find an unlocked Android. There are a number of pros and cons to this option. Firstly, there is a chance that you can get your hands on a really good phone for very little money. Of course, the chance is slim since you will be bidding against a range of other people, but sometimes you do strike it lucky. There is a downside as well, however. The biggest issue is that you don’t really know what condition the device is going to be in. Someone will generally post a photograph, but you don’t really know whether their description is correct until you have paid for the item and received it. Although you do have buyer protection, you will find that the hassle of returning the device and getting your money back is more than you had bargained for.
Speak to Family Members and Friends
People are always upgrading their phones, which means that it is likely that you know somebody who is getting rid of their old phone and getting their hands on a new one. Very often, these phones are also unlocked. Hence, you could ask whether they would be willing to sell their old phone on to you and since they are people you know, they may just give you a good deal. Indeed, they may even pass it on to your for free. The main downside is that you will always have an older model this way, rather than the latest thing.
Going to Dedicated Stores
There are also a number of dedicated stores that sell unlocked Android phones. Some of these stores are available online, others operate on the high street and can simply be visited at your convenience. There are a number of clear benefits to this option. The first is that the selection of phones available to you will be massive. Secondly, they will store both new and old models. Furthermore, all phones will be checked for quality and functionality and there will be an honest description of this. Hence, if your phone is not in the best condition, you will know about it before you buy it. The downside is that these phones tend to be slightly more expensive than what they would be anywhere else. This is because they have to be checked and tested and possibly repaired, and the shop also has to run a profit.
Cubot Promotion is on fire, and we are here to discuss about the Cubot Smartphone Carnival in which you can get the Best Android 4.4 Smartphone and Cubot Quad Core Phones. Cubot is an emerging mobile company which is delivering the quality mobiles at cheap prices. All mobiles of Cubot are made after the expert reviews and advices. Cubot Quad Core Phoneare the best quad core phones in the price range. Below I have reviewed one the best phone of Cubot. That is Cubot S208 White. Continue reading “MC0006802E CUBOT S208 White”
The smartphone market is enormous. Within it, however, two smartphone designers and manufacturers stand at the forefront. These two companies are Apple and Google. Apple is very much a minority market. They cater to a highly lucrative niche. According to Cheap Phones, the new iPhone 6 sold for a minimum of $650. An iPhone 6 Plus with an astounding one-hundred and twenty-eight gigabytes of memory costs, on launch, an equally astounding $950. Google, on the other hand, have recently released their Android One smartphone in India for a much more manageable $100. Continue reading “Apple and Google: Two Different Markets?”
Online shopping is so easy and convenient that we get used to it pretty quickly. Generally it is safe to shop on the internet and this may make us comfortable with sharing our card details and other valuable information readily. It is always best to be on the cautious side and take extra care while you are spending your money. Here are 10 tips to help you stay safe. Continue reading “10 Tips on Shopping Online Safely”
Keeping your company’s premises safe requires a holistic approach to security, with a smorgasbord of factors to be wary of aside from locking the front door and hoping for the best when you’re done for the day. Considering the furtiveness and tenacity of contemporary criminals, it’s no surprise that your firm should be on the front foot to avoid your property – physical or electronic – from falling into the wrong hands. Continue reading “5 Unbeatable Tips to Keep Your Company’s Premises Secure”
A major pain point of the banking industry is the challenge of how to penetrate the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP), a concept which was popularized by Prahlad . This indeed is a sizeable market, consisting of 2.5 billion people who live on less than US$2.50 per day. Technology is being heralded as a major enabler for the diffusion of banking solutions in this segment, and the same is being brought about by different types of electronic payment systems.
It is interesting to note how in emerging economies, diffusion of these technologies are creating benefits for this segment . No wonder technology vendors and service providers are rallying to get a big pie of this cake and research in this topic has increased significantly [1,2]. However, the risks of fraud and perceived usefulness of these technology are slowing down the diffusion of the same in these economies. Another major barrier is internet penetration, which is significantly low, in developing economies, especially in the rural segments.
However, the development of banking solutions which can be used through Mobile based technologies, can significantly eradicate these problems. The adoption and penetration of mobile phones is significantly larger than internet based technologies. Hence technology giants like IBM and Microsoft are investigating significantly on research, so that mobile payment solutions can be made available to this segment. Some of the major technological advancements which are attempting to address this gap are speech technologies like the spoken web. It would indeed be interesting to see how such technologies can bring about inclusive development in the banking and financial services industry. Indeed the adoption of these technologies can bring about financial inclusion for the general masses by enabling banking solutions for this segment.
- Kar, A. (2009). eBusiness Enablement: Implications for Business Strategy. Available at SSRN 1432433.
- Kar, A. (2009). The Past, Present and Future of Information Systems Research. Available at SSRN 1366962
- Prahalad, C. K., & Hart, S. L. (2002). The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Strategy and Business, 54-54.
- Simpson, J. (2002). The impact of the Internet in banking: observations and evidence from developed and emerging markets. Telematics and Informatics, 19(4), 315-330.
And here come 2012. The era of computing has seen some dramatic improvements in 2011. But what is interesting is the evolving focus of technology majors from large enterprises to small and medium sized businesses. So what could be the major movers and shakers for the next two years as we gear ourselves to ride this wave of technological evolution, more in terms of focus and perspective?
- Small and Medium Enterprises (Popularly called SMEs) will ride the wave on e-business offerings. The time has come when even the smallest service provider will leverage m-commerce to advertise his service range for the customer in serviceable range, with the growing popularity of location based services. Everyone with a mobile is potentially reachable through this technology, which is fast increasing in popularity. The fact that Forrester Research predicts m-commerce will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 39% through 2016, and that tablet adoption will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 56% per year through 2015, indicates Location Based Services have a really bright future.
- With the increased popularity of SaaS models in Information Technology offerings, small business can today harness the power of costly powerful technological resources, shared by multiple users, without shelving off millions of dollars. I foresee more and more focus of offerings in the domain of Business Intelligence, which are in a cloud model, for SMEs from the technology service providers. With the resources moved to a cloud, it would be possible to harness the power of ever improving processing capabilities to the available data and then leverage the information and knowledge and gain competitive advantage. The offerings of Business Intelligence on the cloud, should be of the greatest boon to the SMEs and should have a great rate of technology adoption.
- With the increasing access and penetration of the internet, the years to come may witness a growing proliferation of web based start-up ventures, which may operate purely on a click first e-business model. There may be a splurge of knowledge disseminating service providers or web-based internet marketers leveraging the power of affiliate marketing. However, it would remain to be seen whether this time the wave survives longer than the last wave which crumbled during the dotcom burst of the late 1990s. These pure-click e-business models may be further boosted by the integration of such business with the social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, the likes of which have seen a faster adoption amongst the consumers than any other technology.
- With a greater focus on web-based offerings, very soon SMEs will start harnessing the power of open source resources and applications, in the regular operations and transactions. Job monitoring, scheduling, live meeting and communications in general will start being more accessible to the SMEs without deep pockets. This may see a fast growth amongst businesses who are able to assimilate the benefits of the increasingly accessible technological offerings.
- Last, but not the least, technology may again be leveraged in providing social services. With the increasing focus on social marketing, and the issues centered on triple bottom line, sustainable governance structures may evolve amongst the SMEs which would be heavily leverage on the power of technological advances in general, and e-Business models in particular.
In short the next few years promises to deliver a lot to us. But to what extent the technology evolution and revolution will witness an adoption and assimilation in the SMEs will be interesting to monitor. What do you feel about this era of technological evolution and its impact on SMEs? Write to us.